The SS-4.2 allows you to switch up to four speaker pairs connected to a stereo amplifier. Offering high-quality audio performance, it also provides overload protection and long-term reliability.
The SS-4.2 offers two operating configurations: Impedance Matching and Bypass. Impedance-matching mode provides automatic overload protection for use even with high-power amplifiers. This mode allows multiple pairs of speakers to be safely connected to an amplifier using the built-in automatic impedance-matching circuitry.
Bypass mode is used for direct speaker switching with remote impedance-matching volume controls. This allows local control in each room as well as higher efficiency; however, in this mode the impedance matching and overload protection are not engaged.
Designed for use with 8-ohm loudspeakers, the SS-4.2 also provides safe connection to bridged amplifiers and even works in applications where there is a floating ground. It has spring-loaded speaker terminals for quick connection and can accommodate speaker wire up to 12 gauge.
- Designed for high audio quality and long-term reliability
- "Provides impedance matching and automatic overload protection compatible with high-power amplifiers
- Bypass mode allows direct speaker switching when using remote impedance-matching volume controls
- "Ten-year parts and labor warranty
- Connector(s): Spring terminals
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz +/- 0 dB
- Max Wire Size: 12 AWG (2.4 mm)
- Power Handling: 100 watts per channel peak, 100 watts per channel RMS
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.