*Available for click and collect from our Lincolnshire showroom only. We cannot ship this item due to a contract with Rega. Please get in touch with any queries.
Get the special 50th Anniversary Edition of the Planar 3, only available until the end of 2023!
The iconic Planar 3
Rega has pioneered the use of lightweight rigid plinths. Clever use of lightweight particulate core with a highly rigid phenolic resin skin became the foundations of the high level of performance achieved by the now iconic original Planar range.
The new Planar 3 takes this design philosophy to the next level. A lightweight acrylic laminated plinth strengthened using a new improved double brace system mounted specifically where the increased rigidity is required (between the tonearm mounting and the main hub bearing) which forms a structurally sound “stressed beam” assembly. This rigid plinth design prevents energy absorption and unwanted resonance, which will add unnatural distortions to the music. Equally, heavier mass can transfer more unwanted energy, such as motor or bearing noise directly into the rotating record. The use of braces instead of the complete skin allows double thickness phenolic resin in these key areas while providing further weight reduction to the plinth which directly addresses the issue of mass absorption and unwanted energy transmission.
- What Hi-Fi? Product of the year 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- RB330 precision tonearm
- Rega Elys 2 cartridge factory fitted (optional)
- Rega Exact cartridge factory fitted (new option)
- Double brace technology
- 24 V low noise, low vibration motor
- 12 mm float glass opti-white polished platter
- Supplied with clear dust cover as standard.
- Compatible with Rega Neo turntable power supply (sold separately)
- High gloss plinth with three colour options
- Lifetime warranty against manufacture defects
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.