The Parasound ZoneMaster ZM12 is a high fidelity, high power - twelve channel power amplifier.
With the ZoneMaster 1250, Parasound set a firm benchmark for larger multi-channel applications and multi-room audio distribution in their range. The new ZM12 builds on those solid foundations by boosting performance and power, to enable a slightly more dextrous approach and added flexibility required for more demanding installations.
The power output is upped significantly on this newer model - with zone 1 (Channels 1 & 2) being able to drive 120 watts x 2 @ 8Ω - with the added ability to drive harder at 150 watts x 2 @ 4Ω or 2Ω. This means that a larger zone, or a zone with more demanding floor standing speakers etc. can be easily prioritised to boost performance in a 'critical' listening area. Additionally, the increase is seen across zones 2 to 6 with the ZM12 being able to deliver 60 watts x 10 @ 8Ω 100 watts x 10 @ 4Ω or 2Ω.
This added flexibility means now you can easily and confidently use one product, in a 2U chassis to power all your zones in an installation - ideal for where budgets may be tighter along with rack 'real estate'. Parasound also is renowned for their products almost unconditional stability - and the ZM12 with it's ability to drive very low impedance loads - thanks to the ZM12's robust class D amplification.
The ZM12 has A & B speaker outputs per zone - enabling a total of 24 speakers to be connected across your project and any zone can be switched to mono for single speaker applications such as bathrooms and hallways (stereo to mono 'mix-down'). Again, with the ZoneMaster ZM12 flexibility is key - as you can set up each zone for independent turn-off with its own 12v trigger or audio sensing trigger. The ZoneMaster also has a speaker level input for integrating with AV receivers or existing stereo systems that don't have preamp output jacks.
This huge level of dexterity, flexibility and power really means that any requirement can be deftly executed for the best of systems.
The Parasound ZoneMaster ZM12 is available in black only (includes rack ears).
Parasound ZoneMaster ZM12 - Twelve Channel Amplifier Features & Benefits:
- Universal amplifier for applications from 60 to 150 watts
- Zone 1 (channel 1 & 2) are higher power for more demanding applications
- 24 speaker connections (A and B outputs for all 12 channels)
- High current for stable operation at 2 Ohms
- Class AB input stage plus premium Class D power stage
- Independent audio sensing triggers, one for each zone
- 6 Independent 12 volt trigger inputs, one for each zone
- Looping 12 volt trigger outputs for each zone
- Master 12 volt trigger input to turn all zones on-off
- Speaker level input for expanding systems w/out pre out jacks
- Two bus inputs can be routed to any zone
- Bus loop output jacks for passing audio to another amp
- Summed Mono mode combines L and R for single speaker applications
- Separate level controls for all twelve channels
- Detachable speaker connectors accept up to 12 gauge wire
- Short circuit and overheat protection with front panel indicators
- 0.5 watt standby power consumption meets Energy Star & EU specs
- Compact 2U chassis
- 2U rack mounting hardware is included in box
Parasound ZoneMaster ZM12 - Twelve Channel Amplifier Specifications:
- Power Output : Zone 1 (Channel 1–2)
120 watts x 2 @ 8Ω
150 watts x 2 @ 4Ω or 2Ω
- Power Output : Zone 2-6 (Channels 3–12)
60 watts x 10 @ 8Ω
100 watts x 10 @ 4Ω or 2Ω
Note: Power ratings are RMS, All Channels Driven (20 Hz - 20 kHz)
- Minimum Speaker Impedance:
A+B Outputs of a Single Channel: 2 Ω
Note: recommend additional ventilation for the amplifier
- Frequency Response:
20 Hz - 20 kHz, +0/-0.25 dB
5 Hz - 50 kHz, +0/-3 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion:
< 0.05 % at typical listening levels
< 1.0% at full power
- Interchannel Crosstalk: 70 dB at 20 kHz
- Total Gain: 29 dB (Level controls set to Maximum)
- S/N Ratio: >112 dB, input shorted, IHF A-weighted
- DC Trigger Requirements: +9 Vdc to +12 Vdc, 5 mA
- Audio Trigger Requirements: 2 mV audio signal
- AC Power Requirement:
1550 Watts maximum
150 Watts typical (audio playing on all zones)
55 Watts idle (all zones on)
15 Watts idle (one zone on)
0.5 Watts standby
100-250 VAC 50/60 Hz (automatic)
Width: 17.25" (437 mm)
Depth: 14.5" (369 mm)
Depth, with cables: 16" (406 mm)
Height, with feet: 4.15" (105 mm)
Height, without feet: 3.5" (89 mm)
- Weight: 9.5kg
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.