Full Dolby Atmos and DTS-X on your headphones.
As an alternative to a speaker-based setup, JVC’s EXOFIELD XP-EXT1 system offers immersive 7.1.4 audio via wireless headphones. This makes them perfect for smaller rooms where a full speaker setup just isn't possible. It’s able to decode native Dolby Atmos and DTS:X bitstreams, and upscale stereo or multichannel movie and music content to a 3D soundfield through proprietary EXOFIELD technology delivering home entertainment that’s entirely personal to you.
In the past, conventional “out-of-head” localisation technology for headphones performs arithmetic processing using a standard Head-Related Transfer Function (HRTF). As such, these headphones are not adjusted to fit individual users who have different ear and face shapes and are therefore unable to deliver optimal performance to each user.
EXOFIELD technology makes it possible to measure and analyse the personal characteristics of individual users, such as the shape of their ears and face, as well as all acoustic characteristics including those of audio speakers, headphones and listening rooms to perform audio signal processing that is optimally customised to individual users. The technology enables optimal out-of-head localisation for each user.
A supplied wireless transmitter with 4K-capable HDMI connectivity offers preset sound modes tailored to different genres. Up to four individual calibrations can be stored on JVC’s smartphone app, so family members can also enjoy the enveloping performance of the XP-EXT1 customised for their own personal HRTF acoustic characteristics.
- Measures various acoustic characteristics of individuals to enable optimal sound field “out-of-head” localisation sound fields
- Newly-developed “algorithm for generating personal characteristics” capable of automatically generating optimal acoustic characteristics in a short amount of time
- EXOFIELD can also reproduce multi-channel audio sources, enabling three-dimensional sound-field reproduction via headphones in a home theatre or Virtual Reality VR environment
- “In-ear audio microphone system” allows creation of a natural sound field in both open-back and closed-back headphones
- Measured data and “EXOFIELD” processing can be uploaded to smartphone apps
- Extracts and generates personal characteristics
For more information and a personal review, please feel free to read our Blog
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.