The next Generation of the legendary OC9 cartridge series
The difference between the OC9XML and XSH is that the XSH uses Audio Technica's Shibata Stylus. See below for more details.
Since its introduction more than 30 years ago, Audio-Technica’s pioneering moving coil OC9 cartridge series has been prized by demanding vinyl listeners and professional critics alike for its musical transparency, expression of sound and precise construction. Shibata profile diamond originally design for Quadraphonic replay offers a depth of sound, combined with high frequency response that has to be heard to be believed.
- Features nude Shibata stylus and boron cantilever with rich low frequency reproduction and high transient response
- A neodymium magnet and permendur yoke provides dramatically increased magnetic energy
- Threaded inserts in the cartridge body enable the cartridge to be mounted on to the headshell or integral tonearm with just two screws – no nuts required
- Aluminium body minimizes unwanted vibration for reduced resonance and a superior audio reproduction
- Pure Copper by Ohno Continuous Casting process (PCOCC) is used for the coils to achieve pure signal transfer
Provides a beautiful mid-high range Shibata-signature sound and strong mid-range volume.
Threaded holes in the cartridge body enable the cartridge to be mounted on to the headshell, or integral tonearm, with just two screws M2.6 – no nuts or bolts required.
Aluminum body minimizes unwanted vibration for reduced resonance and superior audio reproduction
Made in Japan
Produced in the Audio-Technica Fukui factory in Japan under strict quality control for precise manufacturing.
|Cartridge & Stylus|
|Frequency Response||20 - 47,000 Hz|
|Channel Separation||27 dB (1 kHz)|
|Vertical Tracking Angle||20 degrees|
|Stylus Construction||Nude square shank|
|Recommended Load Impedance||Min 100 Ohms|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.